Overview Mackay Memorial Hospital (MMH) is regarded as one of the most prestigious medical centers in Taipei. Established over 130 years ago, the 938-bed hospital is committed to providing the highest quality of medical service and the advancement of medical research. It was the winner of the Symbol of National Quality mark and took home the First Award of Next Magazine 12th Service Awards. The MMH International Medical Service Center comprises a reproductive medicine center, a cosmetic surgery center, a surgical academy of joint reconstruction, a cardiovascular center and a health examination center. Located in the heart of Taipei’s commercial district on Chung-Shan North Road, Mackay Memorial Hospital is accessible, with the MRT Shuanglian station just two blocks away. The hospital is close to the Dadaocheng Pier and Dadaocheng historic neighborhood, which is a popular neighborhood that boasts new arts and boutique shops, historic architecture and the charms of old Taipei.
Health Evaluation Center The Healthy Evaluation Center offers facilities for a comprehensive health evaluation service and is committed to providing the best care and personal attention for both corporate and individual assessments. Customers will be welcomed and assisted by professional receptionists throughout the examination process. Based on the consultation results from the senior attending physicians, the center’s dedicated medical team will then offer customized health examinations and health status follow-ups after the examinations.
Department of Oncology provides cancer diseases for various malignant tumors and metastatic cancers, complete evaluation and treatment.
The hospital has set up a cancer specialist ward in Mackay Building in Tamsui. It combines various medical teams, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers, carers, anning care team, and home care team to provide cancer patients and their families, Comprehensive support and care of heart and spirit.
At present, there is an outpatient chemotherapy center, so that patients do not need to be hospitalized, and can receive chemotherapy within a single day in the center, providing patients with more choices, taking into account complete treatment and daily life.
The gynecological cancer treatment team in this hospital is a group of doctors who have received professional training in gynecological cancer surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Its goals for serving patients are:
(1) As a medical center, it provides diagnosis, treatment and tracking services for women’s cancer that meet the requirements of international standards.
(2) As part of the missionary hospital, it provides care and assistance in line with the humanitarian and Christian spirit of women’s cancer patients.
(3) Improve basic medical research capabilities through continuous innovation, and further discuss the problems encountered in clinical work
In terms of professional features:
1. Women’s cancer surgery technology is changing day by day. In addition to traditional women’s cancer surgery, the undergraduate department keeps improving with the advancement of the times and equipment, in order to have more appropriate surgical treatments for women’s cancer patients. Undergraduate’s Gynecological Cancer Laparoscopy and Da Vinci Computerized Arm Surgery Specialist Group, with highly skilled female cancer physicians using new equipment to perform highly difficult minimally invasive surgery of female cancer. In the undergraduate course, routine minimally invasive surgery for women’s cancer includes staged surgery for early endometrial cancer with a Da Vinci computer arm or laparoscope (including total uterus and adnexectomy, related pelvic and para-aortic lymph node extraction, etc.), Eradication of early cervical cancer and pelvic lymph node removal surgery, and for young and early cervical cancer patients who want to preserve fertility, a special cervical eradication operation can also be performed on the Da Vinci computer arm to preserve the uterus.
2. The clinical manifestations and treatment of women’s cancer are often varied. In view of this, in cases where the diagnosis is suspected, the biopsy will be re-interpreted by a senior pathologist who specializes in women’s cancer. For patients with complex or controversial treatments, regular meetings of women’s cancer specialists are held every week. Undergraduate physicians, radiation oncologists, pathologists, diagnostic radiologists, clinical researchers, social workers and clinical assistants will discuss and revise together The approach to holistic treatment. For patients who need to receive radiotherapy, a specialized radiation oncologist will draw up the radiotherapy plan required by the patient and arrange for treatment in the shortest time. If chemotherapy is needed, it will be checked and implemented by specialized physicians.
3. In the discussion and research of etiology, the undergraduate is committed to the parallel of basic medicine and clinical research, researching the molecular biology and cancer immunology of the cause of cancer and establishing its animal model, and exploring the mechanism of disease generation through basic scientific research. , And to further develop the treatment of cancer diseases. The undergraduate has cooperation plans with foreign research institutions, Academia Sinica and other domestic research units. In clinical research, in addition to the establishment and participation of the Taiwan Women’s Cancer Cooperation Organization (TGOG), it has cooperated with large foreign clinical research institutions and conducted a number of transnational drug trials. In addition, the undergraduate attending physician serves as the host of the plan to propose and implement the clinical trial plan of innovative drugs in the hospital.
4. Gynecological cancer is a lifelong chronic disease that not only requires immediate and active treatment, but also requires future follow-up and spiritual comfort. The undergraduate has a full-time assistant responsible for patient follow-up, return to diagnosis, appointment registration, disease consultation and contact matters; for patient treatment, participate in the formulation of plans to notify and arrange treatment. Regularly organize women’s cancer patient associations, combining the strength of undergraduate physicians, radiation oncologists, nutritionists, social workers, and clinical assistants to help patients through the follow-up period after treatment and increase patient interaction. Regarding the treatment results of the referred patients, the referral physicians will be notified in writing, which not only wins the high praise of the referral physicians, but also enables the referral physicians to understand the results and goals of the treatment. The close integration and interaction between undergraduate physicians and referral physicians is another major feature of the undergraduate.
The Radiation Oncology Department of Mackay Memorial Hospital has an exclusive precise positioning system and radiotherapy equipment, combined with clinical and basic research, and integrates professional physicians in various departments and cancer resources of the whole hospital, and hopes to provide effective and safe treatment for your lesions. In addition, the undergraduate medical staff all uphold the concept of holistic care. In addition to providing care planning for your individual physical condition, they also hope to take care of your body, mind, and soul during the treatment, so that you can get the most appropriate care during the treatment.
Radiotherapy (commonly known as electrotherapy) uses high-energy radiation to treat malignant tumors or control benign tumors. The Taipei Main Hospital of Mackay Memorial Hospital has a photon spiral knife, and there are four linear accelerators and various advanced radiotherapy equipment in the Tamsui campus. , The Radiation Oncology Department of Mackay Hospital provides radiation therapy services synchronized with the world’s advanced medical centers, which include traditional two-dimensional radiotherapy, three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT), and intensity-controlled radiotherapy (IMRT). ), electron beam therapy, brachytherapy, and image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), photon spiral knife (Helical Tomotherapy), respiratory-regulated radiotherapy (Respiratory Gated Radiotherapy), stereotactic body cavity radiotherapy (SBRT), volume arc intensity control Advanced treatment technologies such as radiotherapy (VMAT) and intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT).
The Radiation Oncology Department of Mackay Memorial Hospital also provides non-radiation non-invasive thermal treatment. The principle of thermal treatment is to use heating to trigger shock proteins, which in turn triggers an activated immune response. Normal cells are not easily affected by heating, but it is higher than 40 degrees Celsius. High temperature will make tumor cells less capable of repairing DNA, and heating will also increase the oxygen in the tumor, thereby enhancing the effectiveness of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. The professional team of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Mackay Memorial Hospital is qualified as an Asian education and training center, and is an important center for cancer heat therapy training in Asia
- Languages : Chinese, English