Overview – The A.C. Camargo Cancer Center was opened on April 23, 1953 and has a great track record in combating cancer. Leader in scientific knowledge about oncology, it is an international reference center in teaching, research and multidisciplinary treatment.
The Cancer Hospital was designed by the modernist architect Rino Levi. On April 23, 1953, the first hospital in São Paulo was built, built with the population’s money, and destined for it, without connection to any official Brazilian health institution, without financial support from any religious organization, nor sponsorship of colonies. of immigrants, as was usual.
The new hospital brought to São Paulo the most advanced set of equipment for the diagnosis of cancer. It would offer radiography, endoscopy, pathological anatomy and radiotherapy. There was also a body of surgeons, the backbone of the Cancer Hospital. The surgeries performed by these doctors and their teams, in the five operating rooms of the Surgical Center, on the 10th floor, would spread feelings of respect and hope for the cure of cancer throughout the building.
Facilities – The integration of cancer diagnosis, treatment, teaching and research is the model adopted at the A.C. Camargo Cancer Center, as well as in the main Cancer Centers in the world. An evolution of the concept of health in oncology to constantly deepen the knowledge about the disease and generate innovation : the patient is evaluated by a multidisciplinary group of specialists in all stages, from diagnosis to rehabilitation.
Their doctors and scientists work together to develop research that will be applied in the future of oncology. The search for the best results for each patient is possible when the therapies are based on scientific evidence. They have the most important private cancer research center in the country. They train specialists to be able to share knowledge and contribute to the evolution of the fight against the disease.
They offer highly complex assistance, integrated, humanized and focused on the needs and safety of all patients , whether they come from the private health system or the Unified Health System (SUS).
They are a private, non-profit institution and are the main Oncology teaching institution in the country. They have a clear and consistent purpose: to fight cancer patient by patient.
Diagnosis & Treatments
- Their clinical analysis laboratory has all the infrastructure for fast and accurate clinical analysis. The results are analyzed by their team.
- Pathologic Anatomy – an essential service to guarantee the accuracy of the diagnosis and determine the most accurate treatment for each patient.
- Dermatoscopy is a non-invasive diagnostic method that assists in the assessment of pigmented lesions of the skin using a dermatoscope.
- Diagnostic Imaging – Some imaging tests, such as X-rays and tomography, use radiation. Others, such as ultrasound and magnetic resonance, do not.
- Endoscopic services for the cancer treatment to be adopted to be effective, in many cases it is necessary to carry out specific tests for the diagnosis.
- Genomic and Molecular Diagnostics Center – They have cutting edge genomic and molecular tests in their extensive portfolio for the complementary diagnosis and monitoring of cancer.
- Languages : Portuguese, English