If your doctor tells you that you have a health problem or suggests a treatment for an illness or injury, you might want a medical second opinion. This is especially true when you’re considering surgery or major procedures. We can assist you in getting a medical second opinion, and preparing a new treatment file with transparent pricing. In some cases, your insurance may cover the cost of your second opinion.
Asking another doctor to review your case can be useful for many reasons:
- It’s important to be well-informed before you make a health decision. Getting another opinion allows you to discuss your options with a top specialist. You might be considering different types of cancer treatments and want opinions from several hospitals or another doctor’s opinion might shed more light on your diagnosis. The additional opinions help you make educated decisions.
- Doctors have different styles. Some may be more likely to suggest surgery or other major treatments. Others may suggest a slower, wait-and-see approach. Getting a medical second opinion can help you weigh the pros and cons of their treatment plans.
How is a Cancer Second Opinion Done
- First, you request a second opinion and securely upload all your medical information.
- Once your information is received we will submit your information to the best specialist for assessment based on your specific disease
- Your specialist will receive all your information in advance and prepare an assessment
- We will schedule a cancer teleconsultation with you and your specialist for review.
- Based on the recommended personalized treatment plan you can determine whether you wish to move forward with your treatment
- If so, a patient navigator will work with your service provider and specialist and assist you with your arrangements.